Monday, October 31, 2011

April 2011: Family time

Due to Sailor's blessing and mine and Glen's graduation, we got to see a lot of family this month. My family hadn't seen Sailor since she was born (besides Jenna who had come to Utah with a friend for spring break), so it was really fun for them to spend some time with her. In addition, a lot of other family who lived in Utah hadn't seen Sailor much, if at all. Glen and I often talk about how awesome it would be if all of our families lived in one giant mansion together so we could all see each other all the time. I'm sure it would get old fast, but the thought is good!

Sailor Stats
  • Height - 25.25 inches
  • Weight - 14 lbs. 11 oz.
  • Sailor started grasping things this month!
  • I don't remember exactly what month Sailor discovered Justin Bieber, but I want to say it was either this month or the last. Grandma Young discovered her love for him one day while she was babysitting. She turned on a Justin Bieber music video, and Sailor was mesmerized! From that point on, we always used his music and music videos (especially his "Baby" video) to calm her down when she was fussy. There are no words to describe how obsessed she was with him. It was hilarious. She'd be screaming her head off and immediately calm down when she'd hear the first few notes of "Baby." She wasn't fooled by other singers on his album though. One day, Glen and I were in the kitchen and she was in the other room listening to his album. She was perfectly content until Sean Kingston (one of the featured artists on the album) came on and she started to fuss. She immediately calmed down again when Justin came back on. Even as I write this (she's now ten months old), she still loves his music video, although I think it's starting to lose its effect. No one has "Bieber Fever" more than Sailor does!


Check out that look of concentration. Sailor is helping daddy study for finals.
Sailor watching Justin Bieber with Grandma Young.

The morning that I was trying to get ready for Jenna's arrival, Sailor was so tired that she fell asleep on the bathroom counter while I dried my hair. How sad is that!

Jenna made her this shirt. It says "Jenna is my favorite aunt :). She's way cool."
Aunt Jenna

We were still having to put a box under her, but at least the boxes were getting progressively smaller!
This is the result of me wanting to see Glen with Sailor's sling on. He made me wrap it though because he said he didn't have a degree in knot-tying (I had to watch a five-minute tutorial on how to wrap it the first time I used it).

This melts my heart.
So many things wrong with this outfit.
I came in her room to check on her while she was sleeping and I found her binky strap lying across her eyes. I guess it was too bright in there for her.
Happy Easter!
Thanks for the adorable headbands, Aunt Jenny!
Wizard Sailor
"Uhhhh.. I think I just pooped my pants."

Sailor with Wes Gillies, one of our best friends.



Grandpa Klumker
Grandma Klumker


I think everyone took a turn feeding her.









Glen's parent's (on the Young side) house.
The guest house, where we lived for a while during school.

Doo doo doo...

..."Hey, is that Justin Bieber on your phone?"...
..."Dangit."

The infamous Justin Bieber "Baby" music video. The best use was after her baths, to keep her from screaming while we put her clothes on.



Glen got a PS3 for his birthday, so there was a lot of video game playing while my family was here.

I finally found a solution for getting things done without having to hold her. It usually only lasted a few minutes, but it was better than nothing.


Lots of cuddling.



Grandpa's little buddy.
We had a party to celebrate graduation and Glen's birthday. My mom got this cake that says "Congratulappy Birthation." It's supposed to be a combination of congratulations graduates and happy birthday! The rest of the pictures are from the party.










No comments:

Post a Comment