Saturday, October 29, 2011

Graduation

After five years of long days at the library, sleepless nights and stress (even longer for Glen since he started school before his mission), we were finally done!! Well, Glen was done. I still had two more classes to take since Sailor threw things off a bit. I still got to walk at graduation, though, because I was so close to finishing. I wanted to walk with Glen since we were in the same program and both were receiving our masters. In addition, we would be in Texas during the graduation at which I was supposed to walk.

My family drove down from Washington for the big event and for Sailor's blessing the previous weekend. Glen's dad, Troy, Austin and Christian were there for the graduation but had to leave early to head to California for Brandon's graduation (Glen's brother-in-law). The Eatons weren't able to make it because they were already in California. We missed having them there. But we were so thankful to have the Allens (my aunt Jenny's family) and my grandma and grandpa Klumker there to support us.

Can you see us? We're the fourth row from the front, toward the middle of the row.
The Marriott School has the most graduates each year. You can't really see the undergraduates, but they're sitting in the bleachers. The graduate students were on the floor.
Everyone looked thrilled to be there.


Glen is about to shake hands with the dean. I'm approaching the stage.
Glen shaking hands with the dean (who should know Glen by now since he was on the dean's list every year.. not that I like to brag or anything). I'm shaking hands with the associate dean, who is the brother of the professor who inspired me to study accounting, Kay Stice.

Glen shaking hands with one of the professors who taught us the semester we met, Professor Cottrell. He created the seating chart that placed us two seats from each other. Who knows what would have happened if we wouldn't have sat so close to each other!
And now me. Don't ask why I was slouched over like an eighty year old.
Our cutest supporter.

This is Glen's "Sailor's freaking out and I hate taking pictures, so I have to look overly happy or else I might hurt someone" face.


We thought it was a cute idea. I guess she didn't.
My grandma and grandpa Klumker. I hope Glen and I are this happy together when we're this age.
The Allen family (minus Brandon and Jared)

Klumker family (minus Justin who couldn't be there because of school)



My grandma wanted a picture of the back.
Voldemort

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, sorry. Glen does not look anything like Voldemort. But that's probably a good thing.

    ReplyDelete