Wednesday, November 23, 2011

May 2011: Role reversal

During the previous four months, Glen had gone to school full time while I mostly stayed home with Sailor. I was taking one class on campus and one class online, but that was it. Starting at the end of April, however, the roles were reversed. Glen was done with school (at least until he started his PhD), and I was going to school full time. We were so blessed that Glen was able to stay home with Sailor during that time, but it was still so hard for me. It was hard when I was on campus and even harder when I was home, trying to study when all I could think about was being with her. Glen's grandparents were back for the summer, which meant we had moved back in with Glen's parents. For a lot of people, living with the in-laws/parents is a nightmare, but we loved it. It was fun for Sailor to be around her extended family so often for those few months before we moved to Texas.

At this point, Glen had also been accepted to Texas A&M to do his PhD. All three of us flew out to Texas for a long weekend in order to look at houses. Sailor was not a happy camper, but we found a house that we loved, so the trip was a success. 

Sailor Stats
  •  Sailor started eating solids at the very end of this month. She had had a little bit of rice cereal in her bottles at night for about a month or so previous to baby food, but I don't really consider that "solids". The very first thing she tried was sweet potatoes. It took some getting used to, but she liked it a lot! Some of her other favorites were squash and bananas.
  • Sailor started holding her own bottle this month. I had no idea how convenient this would be!





Sailor loves Uncle Roman



During the couple of months when Glen stayed home with Sailor, she literally spent most of her day in this thing. While she may have been slower to crawl and roll over, she could out-jump anyone.



The weather was now warm enough to go for walks, although she wasn't much of a fan of the sun.

This is how she found relief from the sun in her eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment