Monday, January 30, 2012

October 2011: Out little bug.. literally

There is something about Halloween that I just love. Definitely my favorite holiday besides Christmas, which I guess wrongfully puts it before Easter and such. So maybe I should reword "my favorite holiday" to "the most exciting holiday." Ok, that helps with the ol' conscience. Anyway, as fun as Halloween has always been for me, it's so much more fun when you have a child (or children) to celebrate it with.. even if they have no idea what's going on. Anyway, it felt like the whole month of October was just a big Halloween celebration.. shopping for Sailor's costume, going to the pumpkin patch, trunk or treating, trick or treating with the Coplens. I can't wait to see what next year has in store.

This month was also a big milestone month for Sailor.The most exciting milestone was crawling! She seemed to be a bit more self-entertained now that she could move around more.

Sailor Stats
  • Sailor started crawling backward on October 1st.
  • She started sitting up on her own from a laying position on October 2nd.
  • Toward the beginning of this month, Sailor really started catching on to the idea of mimicking. She started by mimicking clapping and then started to shake her head, stick her tongue out, and make some of the noises we make. She loved to shriek when she heard another baby shriek.
  • On October 10th, Sailor started crawling! This was her most exciting milestone yet!
  • Once she learned to crawl, she crawled around the house saying, "Hi baby, hi baby."
  • Sailor first pulled up to a standing on October 12th.
  • On October 13th, Glen and I lowered Sailor's crib and transitioned her to a convertible car seat. She was officially a big girl at that point and, yes, I cried :(.


Scared or relaxed? Her arms suggest the former  while her legs suggest the latter.


I came in her room to get her after her nap and found her using her bunny as a pillow!

Her big-girl car seat.
Playing at the park.
Watching daddy mow the lawn.
Grandpa Young was in the hospital with some blood clots in his lungs. "Sailor" made this for him.
Sailor's biggest motivation to pull up onto something: daddy's PS3 controller.


Sailor and I made a trip to the pumpkin patch near our house.
Story of her life: trying to put something in her mouth that doesn't belong there.
"Whoa, whoa.. I thought Justin Bieber was going to be here."







Halloween Party with some families from the ward.


While some of the kids had a problem getting pumpkin seeds on them (one of the babies started to whine if she accidentally stepped on a seed), Sailor delighted in it.





Thanks for your help, baby girl.

We were having a hard time getting her to sit still for a picture. All she wanted to do was pull off her wings! 



Thanks, Sean (our little neighbor boy) for coming over to help make her smile.





After a fun night of trunk or treating, she was tired!
Who would've thought that pumpkins don't last long in the heat of Texas? Not us obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment