Wednesday, January 18, 2012

September 2011: Sailor is officially a mini version of her dad

Maybe it's because I haven't spent a lot of time around other babies, but I have never seen another baby with as much personality as Sailor. She is either really happy or really mad, but not much in between. She is constantly making new friends for us wherever we go.. I don't remember the last time I went into a store without someone making conversation with her. She is not afraid of strangers at all and, scarily enough, prefers them! She thinks everyone is her best friend and always looks a little disappointed if the person standing behind us in line isn't responding to her when she smiles or says "hi" to them (her first and favorite word during her first year of life). I obviously didn't know Glen when I was a baby, but, from everything I've heard, I picture him to have been exactly like Sailor. And if their personalities aren't enough alike, everyone says Sailor looks exactly like him. I can only hope that she turns out like him!

On a different note, we were finally done with traveling and ready to really get settled in Texas. The heat was still unbearable, but I was really beginning to love it here. And, little by little, we were starting to make new friends!

Sailor Stats
  • Weight - 21 lbs. 8 oz. (71st percentile)
  • Height - 30 inches (95th percentile)
  • Head - 18.5 inches (92nd percentile)
  • Sailor started waving bye-bye this month!
  • Sailor got her first of many ear infections this month.
  • By the end of this month, Sailor could say the following words: "hi", "baby", "mama" and "dada".
  • Sailor went for a stretch of about a week or so where she was finally sleeping through the night (after letting her cry it out for a few nights). However, she soon went back to her old sleeping habits of waking up once or twice a night.


"Ok, seriously.. I want it off now."





No comments:

Post a Comment