Just hours after Jenna's graduation in Washington, my parents, Jenna, Jenna's friend, and Sailor and I packed into the car and drove to Utah through the night. Jenna started school at BYU three days after graduating from North Thurston, so we had to hurry down to Utah to get her settled. My family stayed at my grandparents' house for about a week before heading back home, so we still got to spend quite a bit of time with them in Utah. Sailor and I stayed with Glen's mom for a few days and then, once Glen flew to Utah, we drove down to Mapleton and stayed with his dad for about a week. We took Sailor to Seven Peaks and Chuck e Cheese for the first time and she loved both! We also spent a lot of fun family time with Glen's family while we were there. After staying in Mapleton for a week, we went back to Glen's mom's house for another few days. Ben, Cali and their family were there for a couple of days, along with Rachelle and her girls. It was so fun (and a little hectic!) to see all of the cousins together. Oh how I wish we lived closer to family.
While we were in Utah:
- In order to get Sailor to sit still while I do her hair every morning, I have to turn something on my laptop for her to watch. For several months, she loved to watch a Youtube video of a marriage proposal where a young man did a flash mob at Disneyland to the song 'Marry You.' She learned how to sing part of it this month and sang it as, "Hey baby, I gu getchu" (Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you). Haha! The best part is that it often sounded like, "Hey baby, I gu kill you."
- Sailor learned "The wheels on the bus go wow and wow, ah do do town." She also knew the wiper and daddy verses.
- Probably the cutest thing Sailor learned this month was how to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ("Kinkle Kinkle Wittle Star"). She could sing most of the words, along with the correct tune. She could also sing her ABC's by the end of the month, with most of the letters being intelligible.
 |
| We were away from Glen on Father's Day and I missed him. Can you tell? |
 |
| So happy for Jenna for going to the school that I will always hold close to my heart. |
 |
| Seven Peaks |
 |
| The 4th of July dress that I made for her. |
 |
| This little girl is in Glen's mom's ward and looks so much like Sailor! I could not resist creepily taking this picture. |
 |
| Sailor's first ice cream cone! |
 |
| Sailor teasing my grandparents' dogs. |
 |
| Matching! |
 |
| The way Sailor is looking at my dad in this picture seriously kills me. |
 |
| Buds. |
 |
| "Oh, heyyyyyy..." |
 |
| My heart is melting... |
 |
| Little did they know that a few minutes later they'd slip off this swing and land in the bark behind them. HAHAHA!! |
 |
| Glen's mom made a baby loaf of bread for Sailor. So cute! |
 |
| Sailor's first day of nursery! |
 |
| Seven Peaks again! |
 |
| Sailor's first time at Chuck e Cheese! She loved literally everything about this place. |
 |
| "Grandma, you're the best for bringing me here." |
 |
| Aunt Ale |
 |
| "What the..." |
 |
| Sailor LOVES animals, but she has really only been exposed to dogs. So whenever she saw Glen's dad's family cat, she said, "doggy, doggy!" |
 |
| Dancing with Grandma in her office. |
 |
| Giving kisses to the Gillies' dog, Dixie :). |
 |
| Sailor and Wes!! |
 |
| Showing off her first ponytail! |
No comments:
Post a Comment