Friday, April 6, 2012

December 2011: Sailor's first real Christmas

Due to the fact that Sailor was born on Christmas Eve, this was her first Christmas not spent in the hospital. Glen, Sailor and I went to Washington to visit my family for three weeks and were there for Sailor's birthday, Christmas and New Year's. My family couldn't believe how much she had grown and how different she was in person than on Skype. We all had a blast during those few weeks. Among a lot of hanging out at the house and spending time together, we also went to Zoo Lights, the Children's Museum and had Sailor's birthday party. Great Grandma and Grandpa Klumker even got to be there to celebrate! The only downside to the trip was that Sailor was sick the entire 3 weeks (which ultimately lasted much longer than 3 weeks). She was horribly congested and had a bad cough, so we took her to a walk-in clinic where she was given medicine for a sinus infection. That didn't help at all. I'm pretty sure that doctor had no idea what she was talking about, considering that she told us that children Sailor's age couldn't have allergies, even though Sailor's pediatrician immediately put her on allergy medication when we came back home. Despite Sailor's sickness, however, we were sad to leave Washington when the time came.

Sailor Stats:
  • Sailor took her first step three days after her birthday! We were all so excited!!
  • Sailor got her fourth tooth (top left I-tooth) at the end of the month.
  • Sailor was officially one year old! How was my baby growing up so fast?
Sailor thinks it's fun to stick her head under the running faucet...
..and this is the result.



Watching her favorite show, Yo Gabba Gabba.
By this point, Sailor was getting really attached to her stuffed animal bunny. We brought it to Washington with us because she needed it to sleep.
Getting a Christmas tree with the family.








Relaxing with Grandma (she must be watching Yo Gabba Gabba if she's lying that still).

Olympia Children's Museum for Sailor's birthday

My mom, dad and I took Sailor to the Children's Museum in Olympia and she loved it!! I'm sure she will only love it more as she gets older and we visit Washington.




"Mmm.. this looks tasty."
"Anyone else want some num nums?"


Surprise, surprise.
I think I had just as much fun as Sailor did.

"Who thought this would be a good idea to have in the toddler area?"
Oh the beauty of being the oldest child and grandchild. She will not be short on baby pictures.

No doubt she's upset because I told her to stop putting those lentils in her mouth.
She loves stairs.




Grandpa kept pushing the other side, which she found pretty entertaining.
This was fun too until she put a handful in her mouth.
Sailor opened a lot of presents while we were in Washington.
Keyboard from grandma and grandpa.

Bath toy from grandma and grandpa.
First doll from grandma and grandpa.






I love grandpa in the background hahaha.
Stuffed monkey from great grandma and grandpa.

Hand purse from great grandma and grandpa.

Sailor's Birthday Party

My mom and I were up until late the night before Sailor's party, getting all the food and everything ready. We realized a little too late that we had gone overboard. Lesson learned for future birthday parties.
Decorating the cake.



















Where's Sailor? This one cracks me up.







My best friend and me with our little girls.





"Wait.. uh.. what's the catch?"

I think she likes it.






Hip, hip, hooray.


She wasn't digging the clean-up process.




Sitting on Santa's lap at the mall. Can you blame her?


1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I've been waiting for another blog post :)

    ReplyDelete