Monday, May 28, 2012

January 2012

January was a very low-key month for us. And, by low-key, I mean that I am writing up this post 4 months later and really have no idea what we did this month. From the looks of these pictures, apparently all we did was go to the park and play in Sailor's colored rice that I made for her. Jealous of our lives? I think so.

The main thing to report about this month is that Sailor started walking!! She was able to walk across the room at exactly her 13-month mark (January 24th). People always told us to not rush the whole walking thing, but Sailor had been SO dependent on us for entertainment up until that point that we were hoping walking would help. It definitely helped, but also opened up some new difficulties (probably the ones that everyone who warned us was referring to). All things considered though, walking babies are so much more fun than crawling ones!!

Sailor was also starting to say some new words by this month. She could mimic quite a few words, but the ones she knew that she also knew the meaning of were:

  • "Doddy" - doggy
  • "Poo-poo" - she would look at me and say this while she was dropping the kids off at the pool (as if I couldn't tell from the facial expressions).
  • "Bye-bye"
  • "Hi"
  • "Eye"
  • "Munny" - bunny, which is the stuffed animal that is attached to her hip.
  • "Uh oh"
  • "Baba" - bottle
  • "Nigh-nigh" - night night
  • "Ah done" - all done (she would lift her arms up into the air and announce this when she was finished eating.
  • "Nanana" - banana (this was quite possibly the cutest one and she loves bananas so we heard it often!)
Everywhere I go (during January and even as I'm writing this in May), people tell me how well Sailor talks. They never believe how old she is because she talks so much and is so social for her age! She thinks everyone is her best friend.


A few months before January, Sailor began to be OBSESSED with dogs! One day, the TV was on and Sailor must have seen a dog on the screen. She had hardly been around dogs (besides the neighbor's dog and grandma and grandpa's dog, Jackson), but she definitely knew what they were. Anyway, she pointed to the screen and shouted, "Hey! Doddy!" and then continued to point, laugh, and shout "doddy!" My retelling of the story is just really not doing it justice.

Sailor also started to count a little bit this month. She would say "two" whenever someone said "one".

Sailor LOVES to swing. She says "weee" over and over while she's swinging and throws a tantrum when I try to take her out.


Sailor's best friend, Anna.

You gotta squeeze in those two minute naps while you can.  A few minutes before Glen took this, Sailor was crawling all over me and saying "nigh nigh". I love how in this picture, though, she looks like she couldn't care less that I'm sleeping.
Second cousins, Kenna and Katelynn.
Colored rice, inspired by Pinterest.











No comments:

Post a Comment