Monday, August 15, 2011

All because two people fell in love

It all started in 2008. Glen and I had just started the accounting program at BYU where we were assigned seats only one person away from each other. I immediately fell in love with his outgoing personality, kind heart and, of course, his sense of humor. One day when we were all bored in class, Glen leaned over to Buck and I and asked, "If there were an emergency and you had to eat someone in this room, who would you choose?" From then on, I knew he was the one for me.

Doing what we did best: studying.
Music and the Spoken Word
We made it to two months and still weren't engaged. Probably a BYU record.
Weekend at Glen's Aunt Jennifer's cabin.
In Washington to meet my parents.
My hometown: Olympia, WA

We went on our first date in November of that year and were engaged on Cinco de Mayo of 2010. After what seemed like years of grueling wedding planning, we were finally married on July 25th. I became the luckiest girl in the world that day.

Glen and I went for a walk one day and when we walked by 'his neighbor's' Uhaul, he opened it up to show me "all of the neighbor's stuff." Well, as you can see, it wasn't his neighbor's stuff. He sat me down, serenaded me with his guitar, and asked me to marry him. The ring was so pretty I couldn't say no ;).
Glen's family

My family

Washington Reception
We spent 5 days in Kauai and 4 in Maui for or honeymoon. This is at our hotel in Maui.
Not sure why I'm covering Glen's nipple.

Trying to prevent a sunburn, no doubt.
Well, that's our story! Now on to the rest of the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment