This month was spent mostly getting ready for our trip to Washington and Utah. We left on the 22nd and, between the two states, were gone for about a month and a half. Sailor and I flew to Washington for three weeks and then met Glen in Utah for the last few. There was a lot of cleaning, primary business, cooking for Glen, etc. to be done before the trip. I also decided to redecorate the office before we left so that Glen would have somewhere enjoyable to work while we were gone. We did manage to squeeze in some fun things during all of this though :).
This month:
- The most noteworthy thing from this month is that I felt like Sailor was really starting to learn to communicate. She was able to understand so much of what I was saying to her, such as telling her to go get her shoes or to put something in the trash for me. This has been so fun (and useful).
- Sailor started to experiment with a spoon (although she would've been better off using her elbows).
- When we were in Washington for Christmas last year, my mom would open the blinds with Sailor in the mornings and say, "Hello world!" For some reason, Sailor remembered this and started saying it when she looked out the window.
- One day I was rocking her and singing to her and she jumped up, ran to her bedroom, and grabbed her doll so that she could rock her like I had taught her to. This doesn't sound nearly as cute as it was.
- Sailor started taking things to the trash when I asked her to (most specifically her diaper), which was really helpful and quite adorable. She always expected a big applause whenever she threw something away.
- Sailor started saying "So pitty" (so pretty) about certain things, like putting her shoes on. One day I came out of the back room with a zebra-print shirt on and she pointed at me with a surprised expression and said, "So pitty!"
- I moved Sailor's car seat to a forward facing position this month. Her legs were getting cramped when she was rear-faced and she didn't get much AC during the hot Texas days. It's the law to rear face them until they are one and only a suggestion to do it until they are two, so I don't feel too bad about it. Let the judging begin though (as I'm sure it will).
- Sailor started saying "Igugetchu" (I'm gonna get you) to us, like we say to her.
- Sailor started saying "sowwy" (sorry) this month, but not yet at the appropriate times.
- Sailor learned how to fist bump this month. Cutest thing ever.
- Sailor LOVES boys. For whatever reason, she is more drawn to boys than she is to girls. For instance, she is obsessed with our 6-year-old neighbor boy, Shawn. One day, we were playing in the backyard and when she heard someone in the yard next to us, she looked at me and said, "Shawn?!" She says the same thing when we are in a public place and sees someone who looks like him.
 |
| Busted. |
 |
| Sailor discovered the splash pad this month. It was a little too cold the first time we went (above) but she loved it nonetheless! |
 |
| The Children's Museum |
 |
| Sailor's second cousins' birthday party! |
 |
| And it begins.. |
 |
| Modeling the headband (and skirt that is under her dress) that our neighbor made for her. |
 |
| Watching her sleep is one of my favorite things in the world. Creepy, I know. |
 |
| I think this may have been her first popsicle! |
 |
| The splash pad again with some friends from the ward. |
 |
| Helping daddy kill some zombies (okay, not really). |
 |
| Another day doing water activities. Have I mentioned that I love Texas? |
 |
| Seriously so cute. |
 |
| I worked hard on this hairstyle and had to document it. |
Glen's Father's Day project:
Pictures that didn't make the cut:
No comments:
Post a Comment